The course is split into 11 modules across 8 days. Each module builds on the previous one with a series of case studies and exercises testing the delegates understanding of the issues. The course culminates with a module which brings all the other modules together by focusing on the need to communicate financial information, and the impact of that information, to other people who do not necessarily have a detailed understanding of finance.
- Module 1 is focused on the basics of Government Finance and how public finance is raised and expenditure is controlled. Modules 2, 3 and 4 cover the principles of financial reporting, budget management and Value for Money, including an accountancy based business simulation.
- Module 5 covers risk management and internal controls.
- Modules 6, 7 and 8 look at revenue management, investment appraisal and the financial elements of business cases and expenditure management, while module 9 looks at aspects of contract management.
- Module 10 considers the importance and role of audit in relation to financial and operational management and Modules 11 concludes by looking at the effective communication of financial information.
Successful completion of the course will provide delegates with much of the knowledge and many of the skills to help them to move into senior Public Sector roles in the following areas:
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Revenue management
- Cost reduction and assessing value for money
- Internal auditing
- Investment appraisal
- Financial control
- Financial governance
- Contract Management
Registration fee for this unique event includes:
- 8 days of formal tuition by some of our most senior instructors.
- Full set of course materials (including case studies, illustrations and examples).
- An iPad Mini which you can use for research during and after the course.
- A local sightseeing tour, arranged and paid by IASeminars.
- Lunch and refreshments on every teaching day.
- Farewell dinner with graduation photographs.