We are managing our face to face Public Financial Management course schedule carefully right now. If the training course you want is not available, we may be offering a virtual alternative! View our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what is being delivered live in our online classrooms.
If you don’t see the Public Financial Management training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our Virtual course FAQ page.
This interactive workshop is designed to introduce you to a number of important criteria to help you communicate information as effectively as possible, including the importance of identifying and prioritising your different audiences. You will understand the importance of the pyramid principle and the need to organise and present your conclusions logically and clearly. The course also covers how to use graphics effectively and some clear guidelines about what not to do with graphics and when. It also reminds you of the importance of clear language and the need to be concise.
At the end of this workshop participants will:
- have practical models you can take back to your organisation;
- be better equipped to produce effective written, spoken or other communications;
- have had the opportunity to try out techniques for improving the quality of your written communications in a safe environment;
- understand that one bad number can destroy the credibility of your entire presentation;
- understand the importance of planning before starting to draft a communication to avoid needless reworks;
- have been reminded of some key practical tips about making your communications easy for your audience so that they focus on what you really want them to hear / see;
- be able to help colleagues improve their presentation of information.
Please note that this course is part of a more comprehensive public financial management programme which lasts 9 days. Click the links for details.