We are managing our face to face Public Financial Management course schedule carefully right now. If the training course you want is not available, we may be offering a virtual alternative! View our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what is being delivered live in our online classrooms.
If you don’t see the Public Financial Management training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our Virtual course FAQ page.
This interactive workshop is designed to introduce you to a number of ways to manage a breadth of risks including through the setting up of appropriate preventative and detective internal controls. We look at modern ways of identifying, assessing and managing risks including looking at sophisticated enterprise risk management models. We consider the role of an internal audit function in helping management to address risks in a cost effective way whilst taking into account the organisations’ appetite for risk. We help delegates to understand that internal audit is a resource to help senior managers deliver their objectives, whilst spotting opportunities and being really clear on how they want to manage the associated risks. We also get delegates to think systematically about an appropriate process for managing credit control including the implications of not being able to collect debts. The focus of the workshop is on helping you to think about how to implement effective controls in your own workplace rather than helping you deal with local situations that have already arisen.
At the end of this workshop you will:
- have been exposed to a variety of risk management models you can take back to your organisation;
- be equipped to implement a set of appropriate internal controls to help you safeguard the assets of the business, segregate duties and deliver other risk management objectives;
- be able to work more effectively with the internal audit function;
- have been exposed to a variety of considerations to help you manage your physical asset base;
- know why a purchase to pay process (P2P) is useful and understand the basics for how to implement one in your organisation;
- understand the key considerations in protecting and managing your revenue including key aspects of credit control.
Please note that this course is part of a more comprehensive public financial management programme which lasts 9 days. Click the links for more details.