We are managing our face to face Public Financial Management course schedule carefully right now. If the training course you want is not available, we may be offering a virtual alternative! View our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what is being delivered live in our online classrooms.
If you don’t see the Public Financial Management training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our Virtual course FAQ page.
This public sector bootcamp is a highly interactive event which features case studies, exercises, models and examples of best practice. This bootcamp is an essential learning experience for finance professionals in the public sector. Over 9-days you will cover a broad spectrum of topics and when you leave you will understand the basics of accruals accounting and how it differs to cash accounting and take away a variety of budgeting and planning models providing a framework to help you manage budgets whilst delivering your objectives. In addition, you will understand all the activities involved in the procurement and contract management cycle; and you will be exposed to the UK HM Treasury best practice for writing business cases and performing investment appraisals. Finally you will be provided with helpful models to help you implement effective internal controls so that you can manage a breadth of risks typical to public sector organisations. During the bootcamp you will work with your instructor to try out exercises and use models in a safe environment, equipping you with the skills to adapt and use them for the specific circumstances when you return to your own organisation.
At the end of this workshop you will:
- be equipped to produce accounts consistent with internationally accepted best practice;
- be able to help colleagues improve how they deliver good value for money services;
- be equipped to produce a variety of plans and budgets and manage against those budgets;
- have been exposed to a variety of methods and tools used to illustrate all aspects of good procurement and contract management;
- know what is required to produce a business case which is in line with the UK 5 case model;
- be equipped to manage supplier relationships, supplier performance and know how to manage a contract for continuous improvement;
- have been exposed to a variety of risk management models you can take back to your organisation;
- be equipped to implement a set of appropriate internal controls to help you safeguard the assets of the business, segregate duties and deliver other risk management objectives;
- be able to work more effectively with the internal audit function;
- be better equipped to produce effective written, spoken or other communications.
If you are only interested in some of the topics, please note that the course is broken down into a series of shorter modules which can be booked individually. Click on the links for more details.
Registration fee for this unique event includes:
- 9 days of formal tuition by some of our most senior instructors.
- Full set of course materials (including case studies, illustrations and examples).
- An iPad Mini which you can use for research during and after the course.
- A local sightseeing tour.
- Lunch and refreshments on every teaching day.
- Farewell dinner and class photographs.