We are managing our face to face management accounting course schedule carefully right now. If the training course you want is not available, we may be offering a virtual alternative! View our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what is being delivered live in our online classrooms.
If you don’t see the management accounting training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our Virtual course FAQ page.
Do you support your business to set strategy and business plans? Do you keep the business on track to deliver those plans? The challenge for the 21st century finance leader is to be a visionary. To do this you need to be armed with the right tools and techniques. We know that besides setting plans and budgets that provide sufficient agility for the modern world is a big challenge, as is combining financial and operational data to report effectively. This two-day workshop takes you through a practical approach to building strategy; developing metrics; and a performance management system to keep your business team on track to deliver.
This course comprises two full day interactive workshops designed to give you practical business planning and reporting approaches you can implement directly in your own organisation. The workshops allow you the opportunity to try out techniques in a safe environment so that you can adapt and use them for the specific circumstances in your own organisation.
One day rapid development of a business strategy and business plan
- Identifies the most important issues that the business needs to address
- Highlights the opportunities available
- Gives a clear set of priorities
One day rapid development of a scorecard or dashboard to report against the business plan
- Practical end to end methodology to go from strategic objectives to a working scorecard
- Portfolio of balanced indicators (Leading & lagging; financial & non financial)
- Part of a management system focussed on taking action
- Identifies key measurement points, things that make the biggest impact on the business result, and that the team can exert greatest influence on
- How to turn the measurement points into working practical metrics with targets and owners
At the end of this seminar participants you will:
- Havepractical methods you can take back to your business
- Be equipped to run workshops with your business to develop business plans and to design strategic reporting
- Have Learned to use a portfolio of tools and techniques including:
- SWOT & PESTLE Analysis
- Strategic prioritisation
- Cause and Effect modelling
- Performance measure design
- Running a performance management system
Please note that this course is part of a larger, week-long course. See here for more details.
Please note that this course is one in a series of management accounting titles. See all related courses below: