This online IFRS training is being delivered live in 4 individual sessions which run on consecutive days. The sessions will run each day from 13:00 – 17:00 London (UK).
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our course FAQ page. Or view our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what else is being delivered live in our online classrooms. If you don’t see the IFRS training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
This virtual training is being delivered live and online over 4 individual sessions. The sessions will run each day from 13:00 – 17:00 London (UK).
Our specialist instructors discuss the critical issues that go beyond mere number-crunching and explain, clearly and simply, the way the real estate sector conducts and shapes its accounting and reporting practices in accordance with IFRS Standards.
By reference to accepted accounting practices in the sector, delegates leave this course with practical knowledge of the wide spectrum of principle-based IFRS Standards that are applicable to the real estate sector. Participants will, for example, learn how to relate the standards on property, plant and equipment, leases, revenue, business combinations and investment property to leased or sold assets. The program also covers the treatment of investment projects, related borrowing costs and marketing, sales, development and construction expenditures, the appropriate basis for investment property valuation, and disclosure requirements and other issues that are unique to the real estate sector.
This valuable course answers questions such as:
- What are the accounting requirements for typical real estate lease, property, and investment property activities?
- What is required under IFRS 16 Leaseswhen accounting by lessors and lessees?
- How are lease contracts analysed for accounting purposes?
- When are lease incentives, service costs and embedded derivatives recognized and how are they measured?
- How does IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customersimpact on real estate transactions?
- How does IFRS 9 Financial Instrumentsimpact on mortgages, traded debt, and other financing instruments used in the real estate market?