International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) are the most widely accepted accounting standards globally, with over 140 jurisdictions now requiring or permitting the use of IFRSs.
This wide-ranging three-day overview is designed to guide participants step-by-step through important IFRS technical issues. Our specialist instructor will explain the principles clearly and simply and provide real-world examples, including an overview of the requirements for first-time adoption of IFRSs and the practicalities of implementing IFRSs.
This course also provides a comparison and review of significant technical differences between US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards. Real-world examples and model financial statements are used to explain and illustrate critical accounting differences.
This course answers questions such as:
- What are the current IFRS requirements?
- When and how will new standards affect financial statements?
- What are the critical differences between US GAAP and IASB standards?
- What issues are involved in moving from US GAAP to IFRSs?
- When may alternatives be chosen and what options are available for preparing IFRS financial statements?