This course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see our latest courses on this topic below or contact our Customer Services Team.
This eight-day dual-instructor workshop provides a detailed review of all significant technical requirements related to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs). It includes coverage of IFRSs, hands-on case studies, examples, exercises, and benefits from the interactive participation of the attendees. Designed as an extended version of IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop (5-day course), the Immersion Course helps participants to acquire the tools necessary to understand and apply IFRSs and prepare IFRS-compliant financial statements. The program includes the latest pronouncements, and participants are brought up-to-date on all topics. In addition, participants are provided with information to assist them in researching accounting issues and monitoring future changes.
Registration fee for this unique event includes:
- 8 days of formal tuition by some of our most senior instructors.
- Full set of course materials (including case studies, illustrations and examples).
- An iPad Mini which you can use for research during and after the course.
- A local sightseeing tour.
- Lunch and refreshments on every teaching day.
- Farewell dinner and class photographs.
This course is ideal for individuals at all levels within an organization who need to have detailed knowledge of IFRSs. In essence, it is an opportunity to transfer a crucial new skill set to those responsible for making accounting decisions and preparing, reviewing or approving IFRS financial statements. The program is generic and does not focus on any single industry.
Presented by two experienced IFRS instructors, this program gives participants the benefit of decades of IFRS experience. Delegates receive the benefit of more than one view of IFRSs and the opportunity to ask questions, receiving thorough answers to their individual questions from the presenters’ past experiences. Our specialist instructors explain the principles clearly and simply and provide real-world examples, including an overview of the requirements for first-time adoption of IFRSs and the practicalities of implementing IFRSs.
The program includes coverage of Standards with future applicability, Exposure Drafts and the IASB’s future plans, giving participants up-to-the-minute information and providing an ability to foresee how anticipated and published changes may affect their organizations.
This course answers questions such as:
- What are the current and likely future requirements of IFRSs?
- What is the probable impact of adopting such requirements?
- How are IFRS recognition and measurement rules applied?
- What are the requirements for presentation of IFRS financial statements and related disclosures?
- Where can up-to-date information about IFRSs be obtained?
- How can complex or unique situations be researched?