This online Financial Analysis training is being delivered live in 4 individual sessions which run on consecutive days. The sessions will run each day from 13:00 – 17:00 London (UK).
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our course FAQ page. Or view our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what else is being delivered live in our online classrooms. If you don’t see the Financial Analysis training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
This course develops participants’ ability to read financial statements critically, assess their quality and extract useful information for meaningful decision-making. The approach is based on a four-step model:
- Business Strategy Analysis – understand the company and its competitive environment
- Accounting Analysis – critically evaluate the financial statements
- Financial Analysis – understand the financial drivers of the company
- Prospective Analysis – forecast future expectations and create a valuation
The focus of the course is on using real-world financial statements and undertaking practical activities to operationalise the four-step model. We will demonstrate how Excel can be used to automate various parts of the analyses and provide a model template that participants can use and adapt to their own needs. The focus here is using Excel as a tool, this is not an Excel course; you will be provided with what you need to use.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Undertake simple business strategy analysis to support financial statement analysis and valuation
- Critically read financial statements to assess the quality of information presented
- Produce and analyse financial ratios
- Undertake simple forecasting
- Generate valuations based on financial statement information