This online ESG training is being delivered live in two 4-hour sessions which run from 13:00 – 17:00 London (UK).
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our course FAQ page. Or view our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what else is being delivered live in our online classrooms. If you don’t see the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another time zone, please tell us.
The course is focused on providing a sound understanding of the range of standards and frameworks that exist for social reporting. This practical course includes mini-cases and case work on social disclosures in Annual reports. Due diligence considerations are an integral part of social reporting. The course will address the interlinkages between financial reporting and social reporting.
Social reporting requires the identification of the addressing of material issues and considerations with regards to assurance of the integrity of the report. To advance social reporting process within organisations overall information that provides an overview of the activities of the organisation is required. This raises issues such as data availability and data management for social reporting. Due diligence control (third-party control) of social reports is another important theme to engage on with regards to social reporting.
Participants will gain technical understanding that will equip them to understand, among other things; human capital disclosures, labour and management relations, diversity and equal opportunity and non-discrimination.
At the end of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Comprehension and knowledge of voluntary and mandatory standards and regulations that govern social reporting.
- Understand EU regulations on Social reporting (light coverage)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Social reporting
- Be able apply selected areas a range of international reporting standards and frameworks, including the SDGs and their indicators in regards to Social reporting
- Understand due diligence in regards to social disclosures
- Comprehension of recent developments in the field
- Be able to analyse environmental, social and economic responsibility of an organization and understand data, measurement and reporting challenges.