We are managing our face to face Public Financial Management course schedule carefully right now. If the training course you want is not available, we may be offering a virtual alternative! View our Virtual Classroom schedule to see what is being delivered live in our online classrooms.
If you don’t see the Public Financial Management training topic, you are looking for, or if you would like an online classroom in another timezone, please tell us.
You can learn more about our virtual, online courses and how they work on our Virtual course FAQ page.
Increasingly the public sector and government seeks to show leadership in the area of sustainability to the wider public sector, businesses and citizens. This not only means setting and meeting goals for its own reporting, operations and procurement, but also sharing the wider public sector practice and lessons learned.
This course provides an overview of the principles and practices sustainability accounting and reporting. The course will draw on published frameworks and guidance materials detailing minimum reporting requirements for central government bodies and public sector entities. The key sustainability reporting areas that the course will introduce are:
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Waste minimisation and management
- Other relevant Finite Resource Consumption
- Sustainable Procurement
- Biodiversity conservation measures
The 2-day course contains reviews emerging trends in the development of sustainability accounting and reporting in the public sector. The core of the course is its provision of a high level overview of the major international sustainability reporting standardisation initiatives such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)- Sector Supplement for Public Agencies.
The course will also introduce the guidance published by the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) for audit institutions on sustainable development.
The course will review how sustainability reporting in the public sector compares with the private sector.
The program answers questions such as:
- What is sustainability reporting in the context of the public sector?
- Which are the major international sustainability reporting standardisation initiatives for the public sector and how do these differ?
- What is the high level content of the major international sustainability reporting standardisation initiatives in sustainability reporting?
- How do public sector sustainability reports look like in practice?
- Why it is important for businesses to effectively report on sustainability?