This online Auditing and Ethics course is being delivered live in 6 individual sessions which run on consecutive days. The sessions will run each day from 13:00 – 17:00 London (UK).
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) completed its clarity project and issued standards effective for periods commencing on or after 15th December 2009 which resulted in a revision of all the standards. Since then, a number of key projects to enhance and improve the standards have been undertaken and completed, resulting in significant changes to quality management and to the improvement of standards to cater for better application, scalability and increased professional skepticism.
The requirement in ISA 200 that "the auditor shall have an understanding of the entire text of an ISA, including its application and other explanatory material, to understand its objectives and to apply its requirements properly" imposes a challenge for audit firms to ensure that its partners and staff have that knowledge.
This series is designed to enable auditors to comply with this requirement by providing an integrated overview of the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) issued by the IAASB, as well as changes and planned changes to the standards.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the integrated nature of the suite of auditing standards and the audit process
- Understand what changes have recently taken place in the form and content of the ISAs
- Understand the new requirements in major areas of the audit including ethics, quality control and planning
- Apply the requirements relating to risk assessment and audit planning in a cost-effective manner
- Develop audit documentation to evidence the compliance with the ISAs and comply with the quality control requirements