21st Century Finance Business Partner (1 day)
Are you stuck in the back office crunching the numbers? Perhaps you are feeling marginalised by new technology? You present the business with a view of the past, while they are much more interested in the future. You feel you need to be at the centre of the decision-making process, but you are just the numbers person and you don’t feel like a valued member of the business team.
There seems to be a whole lot more to be a trusted business advisor than you ever learned to pass your exams. This interactive one-day programme takes the lid off those skills you need to acquire and sets you on the right path!
This one day course provides a broad overview of skills you need to support your business team through the challenges the business faces in the 21st century. We look at why financial statements and the underlying accounting systems don’t provide the most useful information for decision making and consider what you need in addition. We consider why an economic rather than an accounting model of the business can provide the financial information the management team really needs. We look at the role of the finance professional in setting strategy and business plans and consider why a clear strategy and business plan is vital to just about everything you do. Continued business growth is vital these days and we look at the levers at your disposal to influence the bottom line and not just report it.
At the end of this seminar participants you will:
- Have an overview of the challenges facing the business partner in 21st century
- Gained an understanding of your own preparedness to meet those challenges
- Identified the priorities for your own development
- Identified the areas where your business could benefit most
- Understood the conversations that need to take place between you and the business team
Please note that this course is part of a larger, week-long course. See here for more details.
- The many roles of the 21st century business partner
- Why traditional accounts and budgets aren’t helpful
- Understanding the economics of the business
- The 7 levers of business growth
- The importance of a clear business strategy
- Culture is so important
- Providing the right information to the business team
- Supporting the investment decision
- Being efficient and effective in an ever-changing world
- Group live instruction and illustrative examples
- Review & interpretation of financial information to illustrate key points
- Interactive participation will be encouraged
- All participants will receive a comprehensive binder containing copies of the presentation slides, handouts and other course materials
A grounding in financial management information will be useful on this course.
- To understand the role of the finance business partner in the business team
- To understand the wide variety of skills that are needed to become a trusted business advisor
- To understand the problems and limitations of traditional accounting information, financial reporting and budget management
- To understand your role in setting strategy, and how strategy underpins just about everything you do.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at the business finance manager. You are likely to:
- Have responsibility for developing plans and budgets and reporting business results to your management team
- Provide financial advice and decision support to the business team
CPE / CPD Accreditation
IASeminars is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Field of study: Accounting
ICAEW Partner in Learning
IASeminars is proud to have been named as an ICAEW Partner in Learning, working together to offer the ICAEW IFRS Certificate to our clients worldwide. ICAEW (The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) is a world leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports over 145,000 chartered accountants worldwide. CPE certificates obtained from attending IASeminars courses are an ideal way for ICAEW members and others to demonstrate their continuing professional development, provided that the topic is relevant to their learning and development needs.
Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
IASeminars is registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. Our CPE Sponsor ID is: 009689. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE Program.
- Our London seminars take place in 4 star professional conference facilities, generally in city-centre hotels like the Radisson (Vanderbilt), Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton brands. Detailed Joining Instructions are sent to all registered delegates by email approximately one month before the event. The Joining Instructions will confirm exact venue details and nearby (or onsite) hotel recommendations with bedroom rates where available. Coffee and lunch will be provided.
Kevin Appleby (United Kingdom) is a highly experienced consultant, coach and trainer with a strong track record in client delivery. He is a Chartered Accountant and brings with him a highly analytical approach. His key strength is in creating and maintaining strong relationships with clients that are based on trust and high quality delivery.
He has acted as programme director on engagements across both the public and private sectors and specializes in the topics of planning and budgeting, cost reduction, and KPI / Balanced Scorecard reporting.
Kevin is co-host of leading UK business podcast “The Next 100 Days”.
To bring this course in-house please contact us and we will be pleased to assist