The ICAEW IFRSs learning and assessment programme (certificate) will give you a comprehensive overview of all current international standards in the private sector. It is designed for anyone who is involved with the preparation and use of financial statements or who simply need to develop or refresh their knowledge of IFRSs. It will enable you to: understand IFRSs principles, concepts and knowledge in a commercial setting; assess the standards’ commercial impact on business; and make informed business decisions.
What are the benefits of the program?
- No entry requirements.
- Relevant to all who use, prepare or interpret financial statements.
- The practical and commercially-focused programme has been developed by leading experts in international standards.
- Online assessment with immediate results and certificate on successful completion.
- Flexible, interactive online learning to suit all learning needs and fit around existing commitments.
Who is the program aimed at?
- accountants and finance staff
- analysts, investors and portfolio managers
- risk management, compliance and legal teams
- regulators and standard setters
- students studying finance, accountancy and business
For those individuals looking to enhance their career prospects in international accounting, the ICAEW Certificate in IFRS provides independent and prestigious proof of the holder’s IFRS knowledge and understanding.
Self study offers the flexibility to study around your other commitments, wherever you are located. You will receive access to an online programme of study which includes practice tests to help you prepare for the final online assessment and regular technical updates to keep you right up to date. Your assessment results are available immediately and, on successful completion, you can download your certificate of achievement.
The learning materials of the IFRSs learning and assessment programme (certificate) provide in-depth guidance to build on your existing knowledge of international standards.
The programme's 36 modules cover:
- the context, development and use of international financial reporting standards around the world;
- the Framework for the preparation and presentation of financial statements (the Framework);
- the complete set of the standards and interpretations
- IAS 1 to 41
- IFRS 1 to 16
- Standing Interpretation Committee Statements (SICS)
- International Financial Reporting Interpretation Committee Statements (IFRICS); and
- recognition, measurement, disclosure and presentation of financial information.
Interactive online learning: provides an overview of all current IFRSs, with illustrations, examples and practice tests to help prepare you for the online assessment.
Online Assessment: the online assessment is available within the online learning environment and can be taken when you are ready.
The assessment consists of 60 multiple-choice questions which are chosen at random from a question bank, so questions will not reappear if the assessment is taken again. You will have two hours to complete the assessment and your result will appear immediately once you have submitted your answers.
When you pass the assessment, you can download and print your certificate of completion. If you do not pass the assessment on the first attempt, you can take the assessment as many times as required during your 12-month access period.
Preparation and Study: The exact time required to prepare for and pass the ICAEW Certificate in IFRS is dependent on the candidate’s prior knowledge and experience of IFRS, but is estimated to be the equivalent of 70 hours of full time study on average.
Exam preparation can be done using the official ICAEW self-study materials that are provided upon registration, and / or by attending an IASeminars IFRS training course. If you would like to complement your learning by participating in a live instructor-led seminar, the following IASeminars courses would be helpful addition to your overall preparation:
Course 1011v: IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop (Virtual Classroom)
Course 1002: IFRS Masterclass (10 days)
Course 1011: IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop (5 days)
The cost for the programme, including self-study materials and the official Assessment is GBP 450. This excludes UK VAT (where applicable).
All candidates will receive a 12-month access to the online learning environment.
Following registration and payment, full instructions and a unique login code will be emailed to candidates, who will then have 12 months of online access for learning and assessment purposes.