Tuesday 15 February 2022
...we just love Standards, how about you...?
Ahhhhh! It’s that time of the year once again – love is in the air.
Here at IASeminars we sat around our virtual table to come up with some ideas as to how we could best celebrate with you Valentine’s Day, and have a little fun along the way.
First, we thought about sharing with you some interesting facts about accounting standards, that just might be Valentines related. For example, did you know the IASB issues two books of standards each year – one red and one blue, how lovely is that!
Then we thought, what about sharing some stories from our trainers and their love for all things IFRS? And indeed, one of our trainers, Rob Moulin, was more than happy to share his story of the time he was interviewed for a position with the IASB...
During the interview, the question was posed to him;
“So Rob, which is your favourite standard?”...
“Well”, quickly came his reply”...
“I just love IFRS 3, its brilliant, it makes such wonderful sense, look at it, beautiful”...
Rob then went onto describe how he more or less bounced around the interview room extolling the virtues of Business Combinations, whilst the interviewers sat there, in silence, looking on, possibly thinking “Who is this man?”...
Rob was not invited back for the second interview. To this day he continues to wonder why not. But he still loves IFRS 3.
No, we thought...
Not facts, not stories – what we need is a quiz, and a quiz with a prize...
And here it is – a Valentine’s Week word search, with an IASeminars difference, of course!
And here’s how to play – go on, you’ll love it!
- Within the grid above, there are hidden 14 words.
- Those words can be found across, down and vertical
- One word might overlap or touch the next
- Each word is a separate entity (to use IFRS terminology!)
- Hyphenated words (for example a word such as long-term) appear as one word in the grid.
Here’s the quiz:
- Of the words to be found 13 are specifically terms you’d associate, in some way, with accounting standards.
- Once you’ve found those 13 words, you need to take the first letter of each word and use those letters to determine two new words.
- The first of the two words refers to something that we here at IASeminars are passionate about.
- And the second word – it’s something beautiful, typically associated with Valentine’s Day.
- And what about the 14th word? It’s a separate word, nothing to do with IFRS, but rather something sweet and tasty, also associated with that day of love – actually, something we might love every day!
When you’ve found all the words, fill out our questions below and submit your entry before the end of 28th February. The prize is a place on one of our virtual courses, “ESG Reporting – Why you need to care” worth £249.
- Closing date for entries is 11:59pm GMT, 28th February, 2022.
- A draw will take place on or before 3rd March 2022 where a winner will be randomly picked from those who submitted correct answers. The winner will be notified within 14 days following the draw.
- Only one entry per person.