Wednesday 23 January 2019
Sometimes a day’s course just isn’t enough. To truly further your knowledge in an area, you need to invest time and effort into your learning. We have a several courses that allow our attendees to fully immerse themselves in a topic area and be confident that when they finish they will know the topic inside out!
Our 8-day courses are incredibly popular and led by senior instructors. We’re aware of the importance of notes, however the last thing we want is “death by PowerPoint”, so we make sure that all our courses have a mixture of presentations, case studies, examples, group work and open discussions. These real-world examples ensure you will learn practical application of the standards.
Let’s take our IFRS Immersion Workshop as an example, here are just some of the course benefits:
- Learn how to prepare IFRS financial statements, including statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, statement of cash flows and statement of changes in equity
- Compute basic and diluted earnings per share
- Differentiate between changes in estimates and changes in accounting policies
- Comply with IFRS disclosure requirements, including accounting policies
- Greater understanding of the considerations when deciding which of the optional treatments in IFRS 1 to apply
- Calculate asset impairment using the ‘cash-generating units’ approach in accordance with IAS 36
And on our IPSAS Immersion Workshop you will leave being able to:
- Comply with IPSAS disclosure requirements, including accounting policies
- Understand accrual-based IPSAS requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
- Implement IPSAS recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses
- Plan ahead for issues that arise when transitioning from the cash basis to the accrual basis of accounting
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future IPSAS changes
- Learn the sources of IPSAS guidance that are available
To help with your learning, not only do we provide full course materials but also an iPad which can be used for technical research during and after the course.
We also find that lifelong friendships are made at our courses as our attendees bond over their learning experience! And if that’s not enough, you can join your course colleagues on a city tour as well as a farewell dinner!
But don’t just take our word for it:
The course was very good and a bit refreshing. It was full of information, updates, practical examples, and explanations from the excellent instructors. Thank you IASeminars for the great learning experience.
Janice Lagazo, Accountant
Petroserve Holding B.V., Monaco