Friday 7 December 2018
Maybe you’ve tried an online training course in the past or are completely new to the concept? Working through a course in your own time in the comfort of your own environment can prove incredibly effective for some.
We’ve highlighted below the top reasons for signing up for an online learning course and some tips to get the most out of it.
1. Distance to travel
We know that not all of you are based near international venues and travelling to a training course can take a lot of time out of your schedule. You may also want to remain eco-friendly by decreasing your carbon footprint. Online learning means that it doesn’t matter where you are in the world, you can take part in a course (as long as you have internet access!).
2. Time constraints
We are almost all of us work heavy and time poor. It can be difficult to justify time out of the office however much you may want to advance your career. Online learning allows you to work on the course at any time you want, 24/7. The flexibility means you can learn at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
3. There’s no place like home
We all like to study in different environments, from the work environment to a structured classroom style. Online learning allows you to study where it works best for you. You can easily flick back through the online notes and re-take parts you want to practise again. Whether it’s relaxing in the evening, or taking your iPad to the gym, the possibilities are endless!
4. Multiple ways to interact with your instructor
IASeminars’ instructors are easy to contact so if you have important questions, they are at the end of an email ready to give you a comprehensive answer. Some of the online courses include webinars, so you can interact with others in your course and ensure that your learning is on track.
5. Career development
Mostly importantly of all, online courses allow you to advance you career by providing relevant and up to date content to ensure you’re top of your game. Online learning helps to enhance skills such as self-discipline and retention rates in online learning can even be higher than traditional methods.
We’ve come up with 4 tips to help you succeed in your studies and get the most out of your online learning course.
- Make sure your study area is quiet and distraction-free, turning off social media networks can help you to focus when you’re studying!
- Use the instructors when needed. You will likely encounter tricky questions, and the instructors are there to help .
- Make sure you take regular study breaks and have a good 7-8 hours sleep a night. We digest a lot of information when we’re asleep and retention rates are a lot higher when we get good quality sleep!
- It can be hard to stay motivated on an online course so be aware that you will have less productive days and just accept that. Give yourself rewards when you do well, stay positive and don’t forget that by taking this course you’re advancing your career and creating the best version of yourself!
If you’d like to find out more about Online Learning courses, visit our website.