Deloitte IFRS Hot Topics for Canadian Oil & Gas Entities (1 day)
Sorry, this event is not presently scheduled in this location. See our other locations for this course, or else contact our Customer Services Department for further assistance.
Read our full Terms & Conditions
E-mail a friend with details of this course.
Download a PDF description of this course.
This one-day IFRS Hot Topics workshop has been specifically developed for Canadian oil and gas extractive entities and provides an invaluable opportunity to discuss essential IFRS conversion considerations and issues. Led by Deloitte IFRS oil and gas experts, participants will benefit from the discussion on last minute IFRS adoption issues for Canadian oil and gas entities before the mandatory transition in January 2011. Formal presentations and peer group discussions will focus on both technical and practical application of IFRS.
The workshop will assist with answering questions such as:
• What are the pragmatic considerations for applying deemed cost (oil and gas assets)?
• What are other areas of consideration when preparing IFRS compliant financial statements?
• What recent IFRS developments could impact the opening balance sheets for 2010 and 2011?
• What are the latest regulatory developments that may impact transition to IFRS?
No advance preparation is required for this course.
- Recent IFRS developments
- Regulatory developments
- Applying deemed cost (oil and gas assets) exemption
- Other areas of consideration when preparing IFRS compliant financial statements
- Practical considerations to execute final push for compliance
- Gain insight into practical considerations for IFRS transition
- Share experiences with other senior participants from the sector
- Benefit from a timely 'reality check' of the IFRS conversion process before going final
- Live group instruction led by Deloitte IFRS oil and gas experts
- Description and explanation of IFRS technical requirements in clear and simple language
- Instructors will outline concepts and also practical considerations
- Mini case studies with a practical focus will be used to help illustrate the concepts
- Group discussions and in-depth investigation of topics
- All participants receive a comprehensive binder containing copies of the presentation slides, handouts and other course materials used
Bring This Course In House
To bring this course in-house please contact us and we will be pleased to assist.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
All of our Calgary seminars take place in 4 star professional conference facilities, usually in city-centre downtown hotels like the Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton brands.
Detailed Joining Instructions are sent to all registered delegates by email approximately one month before the event. The Joining Instructions will confirm exact venue details and nearby (or onsite) hotel recommendations with bedroom rates where available.
Coffee and lunch will be provided..
Building on past successful IFRS events for the Canadian Oil & Gas sector held five times in 2009/10, this one-day course led by Deloitte IFRS oil and gas specialists has been specifically developed for Canadian oil and gas extractive entities who may benefit from last minute guidance and information with regards to their transition from Canadian GAAP to IFRS. Over the 8 hours spent in intensive professional training and dialogue, participants will be able to review the critical issues involved in IFRS implementation, and have the opportunity to interact with the Deloitte IFRS oil and gas specialists and also with their peers in a last minute “reality check” interactive environment. This will be achieved by undertaking mini case studies, by group discussions on real-world issues, and from the in-depth interactive sessions facilitated by the Deloitte IFRS oil and gas specialists and designed to illustrate key conceptual and pragmatic issues.
Download the brochure for this event.
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Program, IASeminars has determined that this program qualifies for 7 credit hours. Please use promotion code "CFACPE" when booking, to ensure that CE credit for your participation will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
IASeminars is an official Partner in Learning of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) - a professional membership organisation supporting over 136,000 chartered accountants around the world - and offers tuition and enrolment for the ICAEW’s range of IFRS credentials.
IASeminars is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.